Daffodils and cherry blossoms are the official March birth flowers. The flowers themselves are beautiful and so are their special meanings!
Every month has its own set of birth flowers. They represent the month and have different meanings that are believed to have origins dating back to Ancient Roman times. The Victorians also assigned their own meanings to flowers that are neat to know! Flowers were used to communicate secret feelings or represent different occasions.
You may consider one (or both!) March birth month flowers when picking out a gift for a loved one! I have a list of ideas here to get those gears turning for you as well. A personal touch such as this is sure to make for the perfect gift they will truly appreciate.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Cherry blossoms represent beauty and a new beginning since they arrive at the beginning of spring.
During the Victorian era, cherry blossoms represented the idea that life is fleeting. They saw these delicate blossoms and associated them with cherishing every day of life, as it is precious.
Pin it for later!
Daffodils represent new beginnings, forgiveness, and inspiration. They return as the snow melts and symbolize rebirth!
During the Victorian era, daffodils represented unrequited love and chivalry.
Follow along over on Instagram!
March Birth Flower Inspired Gifts
- Notebooks - Gift this lovely cherry blossom notebook for a simple and meaningful gift (that is also practical!) Write a kind note in the front and/or glue in a small picture for an added touch!
- Floral jewelry - There are many different places to search for March birth month flower jewelry. Amazon and Etsy both have great options. Some options have tiny flowers in them while others have the image engraved into the pendant.
- The card - A lovely card with their birth flower on the front and a heartfelt note inside is sure to bring a smile to their face!
- Gift tag - Have the perfect card already? Put a personalized March birth month flower gift tag on their present for that extra special touch!
- Embroidery - Do it yourself or buy it on Etsy for either a lovely piece of art for the wall, a throw pillow, or add a bit of detail to clothing and even plush toys! The possibilities for this are truly endless.
Shop this post
- Cherry blossom notebook
- Necklace with pressed flowers
- Necklace with an engraving
- Engraved earrings
- Embroidery kit
Which March birthday flower do you prefer, daffodils or cherry blossoms? Share in a comment below!