Hawthorn and lily of the valley are the official May birth flowers. They themselves are beautiful and so are their special meanings!
Every month has its own set of birth flowers. They represent the month and have meanings that are believed to have origins in Ancient Rome. The Victorians also assigned meanings to flowers that are neat to know!
You may consider one or both May birth flowers when choosing a gift for your loved one! I have a list of ideas here to get those gears turning for you as well.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Hawthorn represents hope, sweetness, and grace.
During the Victorian era, they represented hope.
Pin it for later!
Lily of the Valley
Lily of the valley represents good luck, joy, and youth.
During the Victorian era, they represented a return to happiness and serenity.
May Birth Flower Inspired Gifts
- Floral jewelry - There are many different places to search for May birth month flower jewelry. Amazon and Etsy both have great options. Some options have tiny flowers in them while others have the image engraved into the pendant.
- Book cover - This lily of the valley book cover is so lovely!
- Embroidery - Do it yourself or buy it on Etsy for either a lovely piece of art for the wall, a throw pillow, or add a bit of detail to clothing and even plush toys! The possibilities for this are truly endless.
- The card - A lovely card with their birth flower on the front and a heartfelt note inside is sure to bring a smile to their face!
- Gift tag - Have the perfect card already? Put a personalized May birth month flower gift tag on their present for that extra special touch!
Shop this post
Which May birthday flower do you prefer, hawthorn or lily of the valley?
Share in a comment below!