Living intentionally along with the seasons inspires the Spring aesthetic to make an appearance in all parts of our lives this time of year. As the flowers pop up, we are also ready for new beginnings.
From what we wear to how we decorate our homes to the food we enjoy, there are countless ways to weave in the spring aesthetic all across the board. Things are starting to feel lighter and the shift in the season is around every corner. Time to incorporate the inspiration that comes along with it all into everything.
Slowing down to enjoy what every part of the year has to offer results in a more joyful life. Don't feel any crazy pressure. Just take it all in and slow down enough to do the things you have been longing to do since the coldest days of winter. Embrace all four seasons with me: summer, autumn, winter, and spring!
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Spring Color Palette
When choosing what to wear or how to decorate, consider these things when selecting colors this season!
- Pastels - Pastels are soft and delicate shades of colors. This time of year brings out these tones and embracing them in your clothing and home is a sure way to achieve that Spring aesthetic!
- White and Cream - Whites and creams are bright and fresh! Add them to your outfits with accessories and even cardigans.
- Soft Neutrals - Beige, tan, soft browns, etc are perfect this time of year!
- In between - This time of year feels very "in between." As winter melts into summer we have this lovely time. Deep fresh greens, blues, purples, browns, and even rust work as things change and pinks, reds, lighter purples, lighter blues, and so on take over. You truly can't go wrong in the Spring!
Early VS Late Spring Wardrobe
Dress for the weather but also lean into what is currently inspiring you! That Spring aesthetic you have in mind for your wardrobe can be carried through from the cold in the beginning of the season to the heat at the end as Summer rounds the corner.
- Early Spring - Depending on where you live, there may be snow on the ground or freezing rain! Other places have rain that's cool and in some, it's nearly hot out. It's crazy! With the end of winter in mind, you can layer your look. Add a denim jacket over a dress with some ankle boots. (If it's still very cold: add leggings under your dress or skirt!) Knit cardigans in soft colors or a nice creamy off-white help to bring in the season, even if it is still chilly out!
- Late Spring - Ah, finally the sunshine! Time for flowy dresses and skirts to come back out!
Spring Activities (Indoors and Out!)
April showers bring May flowers. (And, for some people, there's still snow in the early days...) Enjoy this season both inside and outdoors depending on the weather!
- Gardening - In early Spring when it is still cold and you are desprately waiting for that last frost date to pass, you can still do a lot! Start seeds, plan out plants to buy, start a garden journal before the hard work begins, etc. Once the time comes to go out, start on those garden tasks! Enjoy it and make the work fun. I can't wait to see your flowers, vegetables, greenery, fruits, etc!
- Journaling - A diary, observational nature journal, quote book, garden journal, anything at all! Let inspiration take wing as the seasons change.
- Spring crafting - Make a wreath from pussy willow, paint wooden eggs, sew new placemats, etc. Once the flowers bloom, you can press them in a book and then use them for countless crafts!
- Dye eggs - Dying eggs for an Easter (or Pascha, as Orthodox Christians call it) gathering is a fun tradition! I dye my eggs red with onion skins and do a special little method so they have prints of herbs and other small plants printed on them.
- Water coloring - Indoors or out, take a travel watercolor set and mixed media sketchbook anywhere! Document the flowers as they arrive, illustrate your garden journal, appreciate a sunset, decorate a quote, or anything else your heart desires...the choice is yours!
- Nature walks - Take a stroll down a nature trail on any and every beautiful day possible. Watch as the frost disappears and the flowers make their grand entrance. Hear the birds as they sing for Spring!
Bring that Spring aesthetic into every room in your home with small touches.
- Blown eggs - Choose quail, duck, or chicken eggs to create blown eggs to use as decor! They are perfect all season long let alone for Easter (Pascha) time!
- Dried and fresh florals - Bring in fresh flowers as they bloom and dry them to enjoy throughout the year! You can also purchase dried flowers to use as decor if you wish. They are lovely in a vase or added to a wreath!
- Woven baskets - All kinds of woven baskets are gorgeous this time of year. Line one with a white tea towel and fill it with fresh blooms for a gorgeous cottagecore look!
- Candles - No matter what you choose: beeswax, soy, tallow, or even wax melts...there is no time of year when candles don't add to the coziness of the home. When striving for that Spring aesthetic, beeswax tapers or even little white soy or tallow candles are a soft and sweet touch to just about any space.
- Linens - Light-colored throw blankets made of light fabrics help to keep the room cozy as the weather warms up.
- Books - Lovely books to line your shelves can be thrifted inexpensively and used as decor!
- Curtains - Lace, pastel, white, or even floral curtains can help brighten your home as you welcome Spring!
Here's some inspiration for when you create a Spring playlist! You can also check out my Spring Aesthetic Playlist that I add music to as it feels right. Enjoy along with me or create your own to fill your home with joy.
- Instrumental - Piano, guitar, violin, cello...soothing background music is my absolute favorite any time of year.
- Slightly upbeat - I like to keep things chill, but more upbeat songs start coming into play as the weather warms up!
- Premade Playlist - Enjoy a premade playlist to discover new music or to just simply make it easier on yourself. Try my Spring playlist out and stick around as I continue to add to it as time goes on!
Pin it for later!
In the Kitchen
Get inspired by the season in your kitchen!
- Dye eggs - As previously mentioned, dying eggs is a fun tradition that will create lasting memories for everyone involved in both the hands on work as well as those who get to enjoy them at the end! They're beautiful and delicious.
- Teas - Warm tea in the cool of the morning and iced tea in the afternoons once the temperature begins to rise! Use some lavender sugar to help sweeten up your morning cup and taste that little touch of spring.
- Salads - Time for lighter meals! This means salads with shredded chicken and fruit are a great lunch to have before venturing out to the garden.
- Charcuterie boards - Time for grazing on some Spring inspired charcuterie boards! Lay one out inside or pack it to bring along on a picnic! Small charcuterie boards are perfect for including in a picnic basket as they are simple to pack and set up anywhere.
- Cutouts - Cutout cookies aren't just for Christmas! Select Spring-inspired shapes such as flowers, bunnies, eggs, chicks, and so on. Use icing to decorate them to achieve that sweet Spring aesthetic you are going for. They're lovely to share at a gathering and beautiful any day at home on the counter.
- Baking - Blueberry muffins, lemon pie, danishes...oh my! Light and fruity baked goods are a must this time of year!
Filling your home with the smell of Spring brings in that freshness we all think of as this season arrives!
- Open the windows - As the weather warms up, open the windows to let in some fresh air! Enjoy the sweet smell of morning dew or freshly cut grass as you go about your day.
- Room Spray - Make a diy room spray with essential oils to avoid toxic store-bought sprays. There are so many combinations that you can create for different Spring scents!
- Beeswax - Beeswax candles go with all seasons. That fresh light scent brings in thoughts of bumblebees around flowers as Spring takes us all in.
- Wax melts - Make your own or buy some from a small business and enjoy Spring aromas without worrying about an open flame.
- Simmer Pot - Set up a mini crockpot, potpourri pot, or a pot on your stovetop with a Spring inspired simmer pot to freshen up and cozy up your home!
What is your favorite thing about Spring? Leave a comment below to inspire others to slow down and embrace Spring!